- The heart and soul of Waco, Baylor University's business programs also serve as a great resource for small businesses and startups. The university's Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program provides students with all the tools and relationships they'll need to grow.
- For students prepared to go full-time with their projects, Baylor LAUNCH grows ventures into full-fledged companies at BRIC (Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative).
- Originally a booth at the local farmer's market, Dichotomy Coffee and Spirits has quickly grown into their new space on Austin Ave. Great for coffee meet-ups during the day, or more adult refreshments later on, Dichotomy serves downtown as the key location for doing work and connecting with Waco's most active residents.
- Business incubation and great minds come together at thInc Space on Franklin Ave. The awesome network of professional support that calls thInc Space home is actively growing Waco into one the best places for creative startups in Texas.
- Builders and makers have to stop by The Maker's Edge. The fully equipped makerspace provides the tools needed for high-tech entrepreneurs, and curious hobbyists alike.
- A product of Baylor University's Entrepreneurship program, Kevin Renois dedicates his time to growing the college town he loves and establishing it as an economic hub perfectly positioned between Austin and DFW. An organizer for the local 1 Million Cups, as well as program director of the City Venture Waco Initiative, Renois is the man to know when it comes to starting a business in Wacotown.
- The Manager of Entrepreneurship & Innovation at the Greater Waco Chamber, Jake Cockerill also serves as an organizer at Waco's 1 Million Cups events.
- Another Kevin, and another 1 Million Cups organizer, Kevin Cochran also works full time operating his own startup: Kornerbooth Photography.
- Many entrepreneurs and business owners use Twitter to stay up to date with what's going on around them. Few use 140 characters as well as @EvenHebert, however. The social media wiz-kid and program manager for CampusTown Waco knows whats going on all over town, and who to talk to about it.
- Another great resource for the quickly growing is the smiling face down at Waco's Small Business Development Center. Business advisor Jane Herndon works as a mentor and does everything she can to help the businesses of Waco grow into the enterprises she believes they can be.
- Waco Hippodrome — Historic downtown theater and HQ for 1 Million Cups Waco
- Economic Opportunities Advancement Corporation — Helping people in Waco reach economic independence
- McLennan SBDC — Offers technical assistance, business mentoring, training, and resources for all stages of small business
- BRIC (Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative) — provides researchers, industry/business clients and area institutions and organizations with over 300,000 square feet of functional space designed and appointed for:
- Prototyping and testing
- Offices and workspace
- Workforce training
- Business formation and development activities
- Meeting/symposium halls
Out There in Waco compiled with immense help from Kevin Renois